Sunday, March 26, 2017

Diamonds


This quilt moved along quickly, despite having to make 2 additional sets of HST. It's around 65" square.

To me "BEING A QUILTER" involves all aspects of the quilt, including the back.  I am very happy with how these strip look. However...
...there are some gaps

My solution was to patch that lower bit.  

And I got feed back from my inspiration designer.  
You can avoid all my frustrations and just buy her pattern. 
https://cvquiltworks.com/products/diamonds-in-the-rough
Diamonds in the Rough

3 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

You're moving right along, Marjorie. Beautiful!

Amy said...

Way to bust some scraps, both on the front and the back! Can't wait to see how you quilt this one.

Lynette said...

That's really pretty in the batiks. I just finished piecing a back together from minky scraps. Not as pretty, as it's all one color, but I know the feeling of finding gaps and filling them. :)