Thursday, April 13, 2017

Diamonds Finish


I finally managed to finish the Diamonds Quilt.  It was made with the remaining fabric from the Teal Cat for an undisclosed recipient who will be receiving the gift this summer.
My original plan for the quilting was just parallel lines (I can't really claim they're "straight) with the walking foot.   I started with the dark blue background.  By the time I was finished with that, I was ready for something else.  And besides the feathers were actually easier than straight lines when it comes to bulk of fabric being shoved through my domestic machine.  And I fell back to my favorite square flower for all the centers. 
And the back is pretty cool looking on it's own as well. 

Thanks again to Jacki Kunkle for the design inspiration (link to her original quilt on my previous post) and Lori Kennedy for the square flower quilting idea. 

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Beautiful finish!! And a great use of your leftovers too, and a gorgeous backing too....the undisclosed recipient will love it, for sure!

Amy said...

Another gorgeous WIP bites the dust! And it used up copious scraps! And you have your friends all madly hoping that this one is theirs. The drama, the excitement! Life is good, eh?

Angie in SoCal said...

Love it. So glad to see a quilt without a border. Fabulous quilting. Congrats.