Sunday, September 10, 2017

Shelf Inspiration

Step 2:  What do your shelves look like?


This will be good inspiration, not only for the type of books you have (keep/ hoard), but also a bit about your decorating style.  Here are some un-staged pictures of some shelves in my house.

The classic books on the top shelf:  a collection of nutrition and health books that are originals and reprints from 1968 and older.  Clock that belonged to my Father-in-Law who was born in 1912.  Globe & candle sticks.  Shelf 2: Native American art, stories & history.  Field guides.  coin collection.  Shelf 3: genealogy, children's books 

This mess is gardening and scrap books. 

A shelf in my dining room.  It includes my collection of pottery from art/craft fairs, Newborn pictures (the 2 daughters and our wedding pic).  Wine related chotchkies that I tend to be gifted.  Cool rocks that my hubby collects.  

The sewing room:  notions, instruction books and patterns, fabric, wine purses.
Sewing room.  Patterns, idea books, notions bins

Snap a few pictures for inspiration.

Next step:  Items to add to the shelves besides books. 

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I wonder if I would be brave enough to show anyone my shelves ? Clutter multiplied.